St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Harrogate, a Voluntary Academy
We are very proud of our school and all it has to offer, which includes:
- Well-behaved, enthusiastic and talented children
- Committed, enthusiastic staff who have high expectations and are here to make a difference
- Active, supportive parents and governors who involve themselves in all aspects of school life
- A positive ethos of learning and achievement, which ensures that every child matters- we are the first school in North Yorkshire to achieve the Investors in Pupils Award
- Strong links with St Joseph’s RC Church and St Joseph’s Pre-School
- A wide range of resources and facilities to support children’s learning including ICT resources that result in true, interactive learning
- An excellent range of extra-curricular activities to engage and extend children’s interests beyond the classroom
- An attractive extensive site, with bright classrooms, lovely playgrounds and playing fields with far-reaching views across Harrogate and beyond
- Easy local free parking
- Breakfast Club from 7.30am and After School Club until 6.00pm, run in school by St Joseph’s Grangers
If you are considering sending your child to St Joseph’s, I hope our website will help you with your decision. We would love to welcome you in person to hear the sound of laughter, see our children engaged in active learning and to smell the school dinners, so don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit.
St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School
Mrs A Ashworth
Head of School:
Mrs R Rouse
Number of pupils:
Purple and gold
St. Joseph's Harrogate News Stories
Yesterday was the Feast day of St Joseph and today we celebrated this in our whole school Mass at church with Father Neil, parents and our parishioners.
On Friday 3 March 2017 our Year 4 pupils took part in the 'Kids in the Limelight' (Kids Aloud) concert at the Royal Hall in Harrogate.
The schools in our Trust have all been celebrating Advent
John Paul 2 Foundation 4 Sport chose St Stephen's, Skipton to launch its new ‘Aim High For All’ Virtues programme (AHFA), endorsed by Cardinal Vincent Nichols.
On Thursday 24 November 2016 we were honoured to welcome Bishop Marcus to school to lead us in prayer and officially open the new EYFS/KS1 outdoor area.
The youngest children at St Joseph's Harrogate will model themselves on their patron saint and prepare to work hard, play hard and pray hard, as they welcome Bishop Marcus to open and bless their school’s new outdoor learning experience.
We supported Harrogate Homeless Project during harvest by collecting donations of non-perishable foods to help homeless people in Harrogate.
The new outside provision area is proving to be a great success!
The ten schools in The Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust participated in the Bishop’s annual Good Shepherd Service at St. Anne’s Cathedral on Friday 6 May 2016.
Mini Vinnies is an organisation that encourages young people to turn their concerns into action and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing since our inauguration in February 2016!